Terms & Conditions
- Course Deposit : You must pay a course deposit of GBP£ 300 with your application form (deducted from your final balance payment).
- You must pay the balance 3 weeks before your course begins.
- If your course begins in less than 3 weeks you must pay 100% in advance.
- If you need a visa to enter the UK you must pay 100% of your total fees in advance. If you do not receive your visa we will refund all of your money, less any bank and postal (DHL) charges.
- Currently there is no VAT tax on English language courses or accommodation. If this situation changes we reserve the right to add VAT at the current rate.
- Students who have not paid, or sent a company purchase order, before the start of their course will not be permitted to join their class until this has been received.
- Lessons take place from Monday – Friday. Lesson times are shown on the individual course pages.
- Social breaks take place at 10h30 and 15h00 daily.
- The minimum age of students is 25 years. There is no maximum.
- Courses begin every Monday except for 2 weeks at Christmas when the school is closed and are subject to availability.
- On Monday 5th April 2021 the school will be closed. A discount of 20% will be applied to tuition fees for this week.
- Insurance cover is provided for school premises and vehicles. We strongly recommend that you arrange your own insurance for your possessions, cancellation and medical expenses. Please see our section on cancellation charges below.
- During your stay you may be included in photographs to be used in brochures, on the website or in other media. If you do not want to be shown in any pictures please let us know on your first day at school.
- We expect all students to obey the rules of the school and the laws of the United Kingdom, to respect the staff and fellow students, and to behave in an acceptable manner at all times. If you do not we may ask you to leave the school immediately without any refund of tuition or accommodation fees.
Weekend Course Accommodation
Because the “Personal English Weekend” (PEW) programme takes place over the weekend there are special rules regarding your accommodation and how it is charged :
- If you take the PEW with a regular weekday course your homestay accommodation is added to your normal course – extra days are charged “pro-rata”.
- If you take a PEW course by itself there is a minimum homestay accommodation charge of 3 nights at the appropriate rate. This covers the weekend, from arrival on a Friday to departure on a Monday.
- If you choose to stay in a hotel you just pay for the appropriate number of nights in the hotel.
Cancellations / Changes
- Before your course begins we will refund all of the money we have received from you less any expenses incurred by us. We always try to minimise these expenses, however we may need to make compensation payments as well as paying postage and similar charges.
- After your course has started we do not refund any money. In the case of your critical illness or a close family critical illness or death we will usually offer you a credit for any unused part of your course and accommodation to use at any time in the future. In this case any credit offered is at the discretion of the school. We strongly recommend you take out insurance to cover cancellation if you do not want to be subject to this condition.
- Force Majeure : If we have to cancel your course due to an unforeseen event then we will offer you a credit on the remaining part of your course and accommodation fees to be taken at such time as we are able to offer you a replacement course.
- If you cancel your course 1 week or less before it starts we will automatically pay the homestay family one week in compensation
- If you want to change homestay at any time after you arrive we require 1 whole week’s notice from the following weekend (or payment instead)
- If you have booked a hotel and you want to change or cancel your hotel reservation the contract is between you and the hotel so you will have to observe the hotel’s cancellation policy.
Are you ready to book your visit?
If you would like to spend your time in a calm, professional adult atmosphere you will find Worcester School of English perfect!